Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Good Intentions

Monday was unpredictable, to say the least. I drove to Nashville for a doctor's appointment only to find out that I was a week early. As I was leaving, I saw a woman standing next to the street. She was holding a sign asking for help as her three children were sitting nearby.

I must be totally honest with you. I have never given money to someone standing on the side of the road, because it totally frustrates me. I thought about my Random Acts of Kindness (RAOK) goal, but I still couldn't do it. Then something happened. The car in front of me pulled over, rolled down her window and handed the woman a couple bags of groceries. The mother was grateful, and handed the food to the children. They immediately started pulling out food and started eating.

I knew what I needed to do. I drove a few miles down the road to Kroger and filled a grocery cart full of food. When I returned, the family was gone.

At first I thought I had completely failed at my RAOK #2. After several hours of reflection, I realized the important thing is not necessarily the completion of an act of kindness; it's being obedient to God's calling.

Now, onto RAOK #3.

Cindy




No comments:

Post a Comment